HOME l LANDMARKS l CHURCH OF SAN JUAN DEL MONTE ANG SIMBAHAN NG SANTUARIO DEL SANTO CRISTO The church and convent were built in 1602-1604 by the Dominican Province of the Most Holy Rosary on a site donated by Capitan Julian de Cuenca. Both buidings were burned during the Chinese uprising of 1639. The new church and convent, constructed in 1641, were set on fire in July 1763 during the British occupation of Manila. The present church and convent, constructed. The in 1774. were used by the insurgent forces of the revolution of 1898. This sanctuary is the seat of the cofraternity of Santisimo Cristo de San Juan del Monte approved by Pope Innocent Xon March 4, 1648.