Republic of the Philippines
City of San Juan. Metro Manila
We envision the City of San Juan to be a place where every resident enjoys affordable health care – such as medicines, professional medical service, hospitals and clinics – and economical nutrition.
In our commitment to better serve our constituents, the city government of San Juan has adopted measures to further reach out to the poor by making the amenities of modern medicine available at the least possible cost. This was achieved through the construction and operation of a government hospital, the San Juan Medical Center. Located at the back of the city hall, it has a total floor area of 4,000 square meters.
The hospital has an initial capacity of 50 beds and eventually expanded to 150 after it was classified as Medical Center. The hospital is equipped with the latest technology for San Juan Populace.
San Juan has a total of nine (9) barangay health centers, one (1) barangay puericulture center, seven (7) barangay health stations, two (2) nutrition service offices – City Nutrition Office and the Street Food Training Center, Population Commission – Family Planning Office, aside from two city health offices. These centers, stations and offices have more than 100 personnel headed by two (2) city health officers. San Juan also boasts of three (3) private clinics and two private hospitals.
• Improve government facilities and provide state-of-the-art equipment to
• Dr. Lorenzo M. Hocson (San Juan) Medical Center
• City Health Office 1 and 2
• Barangay Health Centers
• Lying-in clinics
• Professionalize the services of all medical staff through periodic performance evaluation and revalidation of their expertise in their assigned field, including their work ethics, courtesy and behavior
• Ensure that all San Juan health facilities are observing
• facility cleanliness
• staff courtesy to patients/clients
• adheres to hospital/clinical standard
• Provide assistance to needy patients
• assist in the issuance of San Juan health card
• inform them of other possible discounts and financial assistance (Public Assistance Center, SSS/GSIS,Philhealth and Barangay)
• give free medicines whenever available
• Perform medical and dental missions in partnership with
• private hospitals
• medical/dental companies
• private medical/dental practitioners
• Source out funds or donations from other foreign and local entities to further improve San Juan facilities/equipment from
• top companies
• medical laboratories, drug companies
• World Health Organizations, United Nations, etc.